The more than 95-year history of today’s IDT Biologika began with the founding of the Bakteriologisches Institut der Anhaltischen Kreise on July 1, 1921 in Dessau. Today the company is an innovative life science company with extensive expertise in biologics for the global protection of human and animal health.
The company‘s roots reach back to the “Bakteriologisches Institut der Anhaltischen Kreise” founded in Dessau.
Commercial production began in 1925 with the manufacture of swine erysipelas vaccines.
Rising demand for industrial production of sera for passive immunization of humans and animals led to the foundation of the “Anhaltisches Serum Institut Dessau GmbH” (ASID).
Production of vaccines and diagnostic agents to combat infectious diseases in the newly formed “Forschungsinstitut für Impfstoffe”.
Government programs to prevent and treat animal infectious diseases shaped the strategic direction towards research and production.
Production capacities for human medicines were spun off. The company was renamed “VEB Impfstoffwerk Dessau-Tornau”.
The entrepreneur Hartmut Klocke privatized the corporation as “Impfstoffwerk Dessau-Tornau GmbH”.
IDT Biologika: Technology and manufacturing for breakthrough biologics supporting human and animal health worldwide.